It was about time for some color in my life – and also glitter.
Living in human skin can be a little bananas sometimes. If any of the (countless) issues in existence have you feeling down, or your energy slightly “off” lately – just try and remember to keep these things in mind:
• Having thoughts, feelings and emotions is what makes you human. Do not let anyone put a negative connotation on expressing these things.
• Sometimes a solid cry is necessary, and that is okay. Cry, or maybe channel that and cry glitter!
• If you must engage with others on matters of substance, debate, or importance – pick your battles wisely. Be patient, be open. Be informed. Hold ground. But mostly, just know when to disengage.
• Be a source of light in a world that’s over-crowded with douche canoes. No matter what.
• Spread knowledge, acceptance, and love. Only actually do it though. In real life. Everyday. Not just via inspirational quotes on social media. Help people. Give. Put your money where your mouth is and donate to legitimate organizations that you support. More doing. Less talking.
• Know your outlet. Makeup is obviously one of mine.
• And finally, let literally no one else’s opinions, thoughts, words, life, actions, existence etc. have any effect on you, or the path that you’re on. Once you can achieve real confidence and inner-peace you start to realize that there is no outside, and it frees you.
(the quote from an Amanda Palmer interview that made me reconsider and restructure my entire outlook on the day-to-day, as well as the bigger picture – “we are constantly judging and criticizing ourselves and wondering how this looks from the outside, but time rolls on and you realize there is no outside…“).
► *link to said interview*◄
– O K A Y –
** P S A **
I rarely use less than 5 shadows when I do my eyes.
Blending/layering different shades, adding dimension, and creating new and unique colors is one of most fun parts of the whole process, for me.
E Y E S
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Too Faced Glitter Glue
Jeffree Star Beauty Killer Palette
-China White ► Brow Bone
-Violence ► Lower Lash Line
Makeup Geek Single Shadows
-Unexpected ► Crease
-Dragonfly ► Crease
-Shark Bait ► Crease
-Sea Mist ► Lid
-Ocean Breeze ► Outer Corner
-Mermaid ► Center Lid
-Black Light ► Inner Corner
-Whimsical ► Tear Duct
-Shimma Shimma ► Tear Duct
-Masquarade ► Lower Lash Line
Glitter Injections “Famous” Glitter
Nyx Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil – “Milk”
Maybelline Master Precise Liner Pen
Ardell Double-Up Lashes
L I P S
Nyx Cosmetics Creamy Lipstick – “Rea”
Nyx Cosmetics Butter Gloss – “Angel Food Cake”
Be human to the fullest you guys, don’t forget!
A lot of really awful things go on in this world that we live in.
This world that we have to exist in.
So many people advocate for change yet so few are truly prepared to reflect inward and start making change where it actually needs to start; which is with yourself.
I couldn’t even begin to go into the inner-workings of my mind about something like this in a single blog post.
Or about all of the awareness that’s come over the years..
Awareness of myself, other people, and so much of the world around me.
It’s insane to me how we’ve made this so hard.
How we’ve clouded the simplest things. The simplest concepts.
We need to start moving in a direction that creates way more environments where people can truly feel comfortable just being themselves. But like, genuinely themselves. Some people don’t even get this in their own home. It’s a major problem. How have we gotten here?
..rhetorical questions.. ^^
Continue reading “Makeup For Kindness – Let Love Be The Loudest Thing You Hear From This.”
One of my favorite ways to start the day, is to find a surprise on my desk when I get to work at 6AM.
Continue reading “Erin Condren Life Planner 2016: Hello, New Year.”
I’ve never been super great at “intros” and such so I’m just going to jump right in and tell you guys that I’ve been dealing with some very sudden, and very intense anxiety lately. I may talk about it with light-hearted humor but that doesn’t mean that I find the subject particularly funny so, please keep that in mind.
I’m 27 now, and I have not had to deal with anxiety like this since I was in the very beginning of my teenage years.
It’s been pretty debilitating if I can speak completely openly (which I’ve decided to do today). To have to be a functioning adult during sporadic attacks of anxiety is quite the experience…
We’re almost to the end of day# 4 now and for the first time, things are finally starting to feel a little lighter.
I know that anxiety is a very real thing.
I know that it comes in many different forms.
I know that it has many different levels.
I know that everyone deals with it in a different way.
I’m not here today to tell anyone how to “deal” with it.
Or to tell you what will “fix” it, or make it go away forever. But I do want to share with you guys some of the things that I’ve been doing since last week to deal with the anxiety attacks that have been disrupting my life in the worst and oddest possible kind of ways. I felt like sharing because I truly feel these things have gotten me to the pretty “functional” point that I’ve been able to reach today, which is basically the following:
• Not feeling so much like an alien, but a little more like myself.
• Starting to see the light in the situation/event that put me in the anxious state I’m in.
• Starting to really let go of some irrational thoughts/fears/worries.
(Positive thinking is kicking back in.)
• Not feeling that lump in your throat every 30 minutes.
(You know? The one that warns you the tears are coming, and there isn’t sh*t you’ll be able to do about it. That one. AKA just not crying every 30 minutes.)
• Talking more. Laughing more.
(If you’re not an introverted person, this one may not apply to you.)
. A N Y W A Y .
Feel free to keep reading if any part of what I’m saying is in any way relevant to you.
I realize it may not be to everyone.
Continue reading “Keep Calm and…Overcome This Anxiety: 7 Things That Improve My Chill”