It was about time for some color in my life – and also glitter.
Living in human skin can be a little bananas sometimes. If any of the (countless) issues in existence have you feeling down, or your energy slightly “off” lately – just try and remember to keep these things in mind:
• Having thoughts, feelings and emotions is what makes you human. Do not let anyone put a negative connotation on expressing these things.
• Sometimes a solid cry is necessary, and that is okay. Cry, or maybe channel that and cry glitter!
• If you must engage with others on matters of substance, debate, or importance – pick your battles wisely. Be patient, be open. Be informed. Hold ground. But mostly, just know when to disengage.
• Be a source of light in a world that’s over-crowded with douche canoes. No matter what.
• Spread knowledge, acceptance, and love. Only actually do it though. In real life. Everyday. Not just via inspirational quotes on social media. Help people. Give. Put your money where your mouth is and donate to legitimate organizations that you support. More doing. Less talking.
• Know your outlet. Makeup is obviously one of mine.
• And finally, let literally no one else’s opinions, thoughts, words, life, actions, existence etc. have any effect on you, or the path that you’re on. Once you can achieve real confidence and inner-peace you start to realize that there is no outside, and it frees you.
(the quote from an Amanda Palmer interview that made me reconsider and restructure my entire outlook on the day-to-day, as well as the bigger picture – “we are constantly judging and criticizing ourselves and wondering how this looks from the outside, but time rolls on and you realize there is no outside…“).
► *link to said interview*◄
– O K A Y –
** P S A **
I rarely use less than 5 shadows when I do my eyes.
Blending/layering different shades, adding dimension, and creating new and unique colors is one of most fun parts of the whole process, for me.
E Y E S
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Too Faced Glitter Glue
Jeffree Star Beauty Killer Palette
-China White ► Brow Bone
-Violence ► Lower Lash Line
Makeup Geek Single Shadows
-Unexpected ► Crease
-Dragonfly ► Crease
-Shark Bait ► Crease
-Sea Mist ► Lid
-Ocean Breeze ► Outer Corner
-Mermaid ► Center Lid
-Black Light ► Inner Corner
-Whimsical ► Tear Duct
-Shimma Shimma ► Tear Duct
-Masquarade ► Lower Lash Line
Glitter Injections “Famous” Glitter
Nyx Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil – “Milk”
Maybelline Master Precise Liner Pen
Ardell Double-Up Lashes
L I P S
Nyx Cosmetics Creamy Lipstick – “Rea”
Nyx Cosmetics Butter Gloss – “Angel Food Cake”
Be human to the fullest you guys, don’t forget!