It is officially 2016.
Such an insane, yet incredibly rad concept!
2016 will mean 10 years out of High School for me.
It means more travel, for which I cannot wait!
It means stepping out, doing more.
I want 2016 to be the year I start freelancing in the spare time that I don’t really have.
Last year was such a blast, I couldn’t be more psyched to find out what this next one will hold!
A N Y H O W
About the makeup..
I have had the Stone Fox liquid lipstick (by Nyx Cosmetics) for about 2 and-a-half weeks now and just haven’t had a solid opportunity to bust her out.
There were crazy things occurring that I couldn’t explain. But let me at least try:
• Toward the middle of November I misplaced my medium-sized zPalette full of all my MakeupGeek “neutral” shadows, AKA my everyday, go-to, and most used palette of shadows. Improvising using other products works but, man, that kind of loss cuts so deep, ugh! Long story short, I ended up finding it. It was hiding underneath the sun visor that was buried under the seat in my car. It was a Christmas miracle.
• Because of the Holiday craziness, I hadn’t cleaned my brushes in like, three weeks; and therefore, my makeup was just not coming out right at all. That could be in my head but, maybe it isn’t. Either way, I ended up cleaning my brushes and things have been great ever since so, no harm-no foul.
• Also due to the Holidays, I consumed a ridiculous amount of cookies and other treats, and because of all that delicious, sweet refined sugar, my face decided I needed to be punished. I was broken out so bad, I literally could not even put on makeup for a full seven days. It was so boring.
• Lastly, I ran out of setting powder. That always seems to happen to me at the absolute most inconvenient times of life. I eventually ended up buying the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder though. Opinions on that bad-boy coming soon for s u r e.
SO YOU SEE?!
All of those strange cosmetics anomalies happening within the same month…things just weren’t working out.
But alas, I was able to put together a super neutral, super Wintery look using the cool-toned blue-grey lipstick, and I actually received about 4 different compliments on it that day! What better way to start the new year than branching out and being a little bold, yeah?!
Everything you need to know about this look is H E R E:
F A C E
• L’Oreal True Match Foundation – W6 + W5 (applied using a Beauty Blender)
• Nyx Cosmetics Dark Circle Concealer – Medium
• Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – Custard
• Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
• Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Pan – Clay (I use MakeupGeek’s Angled Contour Brush)
• Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette
• Nyx Cosmetics Powder Blush – Dusty Rose
• Mac Cosmetics Mineralize Skin Finish – Soft & Gentle
B R O W S
• Ardell Brow Gel – Dark Brown (*tip*: I use Clear Eyes to mix it up if it gets a little dry)
• MakeupGeek Shadow – Vanilla Bean (to set brow bone area)
E Y E S
• Too Faced Shadow Insurance
• Too Faced Glitter Glue
• MakeupGeek Shadow – Latte (c r e a s e/t r a n s i t i o n)
• MakeupGeek Shadow – Creme Brulee (c r e a s e/t r a n s i t i o n)
• MakeupGeek Shadow – Shimma Shimma (i n n e r c o r n e r)
• MakeupGeek Shadow – Pretentious (l o w e r lash l i n e)
• MakeupGeek Shadow – Corrupt (l o w e r lash l i n e)
• Jesse’s Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dust – Pixie Dust (i n n e r c o r n e r)
• Nyx Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil – Milk (w a t e r l i n e)
• L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara – Original
• Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner Pen
• Morphe Brushes Black Gel Liner
L A S H E S
• Ardell Lashes – Double Wispies
• House of Lashes Lash Adhesive
I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year so far!