I’ve been in kind of a makeup rut lately.
But I recently came out, finally!
It’s been happening gradually over the last week or so but, sure enough, we’re back…
I think this is pretty normal “end of year” behavior for me.
I’ve taken some necessary steps to remove myself from said rut.
1: Ordered my Eric Condren Life Planner for 2016.
I will continue to be organized. I will continue to document our daily life and our travels. I love that life planner more than I can explain. It will hands-down be the coolest thing I ever do for my kids. I mean, who wouldn’t want to know how Mom and Dad spend their days, pre-kids?
2: Said yes to two opportunities that I didn’t necessarily feel prepared for.
There is true liberation in this.
There is also some major confidence boosts that come along with this tactic, as well.
Those cliché quotes you see all over Pinterest aren’t all nonsense.
Say yes to things, figure it all out later.
A N Y W A Y
Here’s the look that broke the rutti-ness,
and all the details and steps on how to achieve.
I always start my face off with my brows first.
• Ardell Brow Gel – Dark Brown
Once the brows are nice and snatched, I move on to the eyes.
I always do my eyes before my face so that I don’t have to worry about fallout ruining my foundation or concealer. Plus I have to touch my face when doing winged liner, and I prefer not to touch my face once my foundation is on.
• Too Faced Shadow Insurance
• Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue (Apply only before Utopia)
• Makeup Geek Shadow – Chickadee (TRANSITION)
• Makeup Geek Shadow – Bitten (CREASE)
• Makeup Geek Shadow – Corrupt (OUTER CORNER)
• Makeup Geek Shadow – Burlesque (CREASE + LOWER LASH LINE)
• Makeup Geek Duochrome Pigment – Sugar Rush (INNER CORNER)
• Makeup Geek Shadow – Shimma Shimma (BROW BONE)
• Makeup Geek Pigment – Utopia (LID)
• Ardell Lashes – Black Wispies + House of Lashes Lash Adhesive
• Maybelline Master Precise Liner Pen
I apply both my foundation and concealer with a beauty blender.
• Maybelline Matte + Poreless Foundation/L’Oreal True Match Foundation
• Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette
• Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Powder – Clay
• Nyx Cosmetics Dark Circle Concealer – Medium
• Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – Custard
• Makeup Geek Blush – Romance
• Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector – Champagne Pop
ColourPop Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick – Midi